This salad has been making the rounds on social media so I have no idea where to attribute this salad! But after all the hype, I decided to give it a try and make my own decision about how good it is… and well…? I’ve made it two weekends in a row, and it doesn’t even make it to Monday. It’s a definite hit. Make a big bowl, trust me.
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 cup cucumber, diced
1/2 cup mint, chopped
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/3 cup red onion, diced
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup pistachios, rough chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta, can use regular or vegan
- Rinse and drain your quinoa.
- Add water and quinoa to pot on high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover. Set timer for 15 min. When timer goes off, add to large bowl and allow to cool.
- To the cooled, cooked quinoa, add the cucumber, mint, parsley, onion, chickpeas, pistachios. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice and olive oil. Toss.
- Add feta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.